loading... close

I need to have surgery, double masectomy, no one home, but me, what do I do with dog and cat? no neighbors Kids off to college, no husband. I am even having difficulties finding strangers to get me from hospital and in home care.

Thumb avatar default
Asked by


Stage 2B Patient almost 8 years
  • K G Profile
    Survivor since 2011
    Contact your local american cancer society. They should be able to help you with some resources. Your cancer center if you have one could probably help you as well. How about your local humane society to see if anyone would volunteer to come help? I am sorry you are in this position. Will be praying.
    almost 8 years Comment Flag
  • Jk Joyce Profile
    Survivor since 2012
    Find a cancer services office in your area. They helped me so much.
    almost 8 years Comment Flag
  • Isabel Souchet Profile
    Survivor since 2010
    Can you get a local dog sitter. ? I had a pet sitter come n walk my dogs after my surgery n during chemo. Had a friend come n clean n help put with household chores n cat stuff.
    almost 8 years Comment Flag
  • Thumb avatar default
    Stage 4 Patient
    Talk to a social worker at hospital there may be options
    almost 8 years Comment Flag
  • Traciann brundage Profile
    Learning About Breast Cancer
    There are a few programs in my area that offer home health care options . Also call your health department . A lot of people like to volunteer for those in need .
    almost 8 years Comment Flag

Educational Video

Personal Story

Related Topics

Looking for another topic?
Use the search box in the top right.

Footer 2

Inspire hope by becoming an advocate for breast cancer prevention.

spread the word